Gonzalez & Waddington
Michael Waddington is a criminal Defense lawyer specializing in serious felonies, court martial cases, and war crimes. He has defended cases in the USA, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific. He has successfully defended numerous high profile court martial cases arising from the War on Terror and has been reported on and quoted by hundreds of major media sources worldwide. He has provided consultation services to 60 Minutes, ABC Nightline, CNN and CBS.
Please Call: 706-821-2222
|Mr. Michael Waddington was born in New Castle, PA. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA with a BA degree. He earned his law degree from Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, PA.|
At Temple, he successfully completed with honors Temple's Nationally #1 Ranked Trial Lawyer Training Program (U.S. News and World Report)
Michael Waddington is admitted to practice before the following courts:
- Defended military personnel from E-1 to E-9 and WO1 to O-6 at court martials, Article 32s, pretrial confinement hearings, NJP, and separation boards.
- Successfully defended servicemembers of:
murder, drug offenses, detainee abuse, maltreatment, attempted murder, rape, sexual crimes, child abuse, trainee abuse, maiming, aggravated assault, larceny, financial crimes, computer crimes, white collar crime, and various other crimes. Click here to see specific cases.
- Represented over 400 soldiers that were being administratively discharged from the military.
- Former Army JAG officer.
- Served two tours as an Army defense lawyer. Headed a Trial Defense Service (TDS) branch office as the Senior Defense Counsel.
- Former Special Assistant United States Attorney. Prosecuted cases in Federal Court. Worked with the FBI, ATF, DEA, Secret Service, and U.S. Marshall's Service.
- Former Chief of Military Justice.
- Received the Award for Excellence in Advocacy, U.S. Army JAG Corps Criminal Law Advocacy Course.
- Enlisted in the Army out of high school and rose to the rank of CPT.
- All Military Trial Courts Worldwide
- South Carolina
- New Jersey
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- American Bar Association Litigation Division
- Michael Waddington is a trial lawyer that primarily practices in the area of criminal defense, court martial defense, and appeals.
- Juris Doctor, May 2000
- Completed, with honors, Temple's #1 Ranked Trial Advocacy Program (U.S. News and World Report)
- Law Journal Editor: Temple Environmental Law & Technology Journal, 1998-2000
- BA, Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Dean's List 8 Consecutive Semesters
- Army ROTC Scholarship Recipient, Distinguished Military Graduate, Battalion Commander
- Study Aboard: Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- Speaker, “Attacking Witness Credibility & Rules of Evidence,” Military Defense Conference, Charleston, SC, Spring 2006
- Speaker, “Witness Impeachment,”Military Defense Conference, Orlando, FL, Spring 2004
- Speaker, “Urinalysis Defense," Military Defense Conference,”Washington, DC, Fall 2003
- Instructor, Numerous Federal Law Enforcement Seminars, Fort Gordon, GA, June 2004-July 2005
- Michael Waddington speaks Spanish and English. He has lived and studied in Spain, worked in Puerto Rico, and frequently travels to Puerto Rico on business and vacation.
Please Call: 706-821-2222